I’ve been looking after the Basingstoke Tapper’s web site for some was now. I ave to admit that the site was starting to get a bit stale. But now I’ve handed on the domain to new blood. I’m kind of sad to be passing it on, but time for new blood and probably a relaunch.
I came across this rather cool little service – FixMyStreet. It allows you to mark onto maps problems from potholes to fly tipping. The website will then submit the problem to the appropriate authorities. To can also see what other problems have been reported. a lot easier than tying to work out which council and which department to report a problem to.
I have finally got around to fixing some of the blog’s problems – the Catagories & Archives links now work properly! A couple of minor things to sort now relating to the footer.
I’ve upgraded the blog – as you may have noticed from the change in appearance. Although the upgrade doesn’t seem to have helped resolve the problems with accessing older blog entries. So I shall be investigating and fixing myself in the near future.
As a website administrator for several sites built using Mambo & Joomla I’ve had to build a few small bespoke components and modules. I’ve started to make the source for these available. The first being my email forwarder, the details of which can be found at in the techie part of my website, or accessed directly here.
The code is very rough and ready – but does a job, and it is my intention to tidy it up and improve the componewnt over time.
Well I’ve finally found a little more time to add a bit more to the rest of the website. So now the CV page is up. I only need to update the CV – shouldn’t take more than another couple of months 🙂